Friday, January 10, 2014

Tuck, Tucka, Tucker Butt!

Wow. Two months since my last entry. I've been slacking. Tucker however has not slowed down in the growth department as I have telling about it. Since my last post he has started walking and cut two more teeth! He started walking in November.. on the 7th to be exact. It was a couple steps and then a couple days later he was making it across a room! He's basically running now! Its hilarious that I have this little human following me around now. It took some time getting used to him standing up behind me, in-between my legs while I'm cooking dinner…etc. I love it though! It was like overnight he just decided to be a toddler and not a baby anymore. 

He is starting to take an interest in talking.. more like babbling… he'll say Bababa and Dadada. Today I think he is starting to say Tatata because I swear he was trying to tell me Thank You while I was handing him his lunch. Hilarious! Tucker is still really quiet mostly. Not a lot of screaming or screeching or anything really. I'm thankful for this. :) 

For Christmas while Tucker's daddy was on leave we headed for Southport, NC. Thirteen hours in the car with Tucker was a treat… NOT. ;) He was actually a really good baby. We had Mickey Mouse jamming on the iPad and an unlimited supply of snacks, bottles, juice, and water. I cannot tell you how thankful I was to be pulling into my parents driveway. We were there from the 21st to the morning of the 25th. Gramma & Grandpa (my mom and daddy) ate him up from the time we arrived to the moment we left. He loved on his Uncles and showed everyone all his tricks. Then after that we headed to Fayetteville, NC to be with Tucker's Grandmommy and Grandaddy and his Great Grands (my husbands family). They could not believe how big he was and they too ate his little face off with kisses and loved on him as much as he would allow. Tucker stayed with his Grandmommy during the day for two days in a row while mommy and daddy bought a new car for all of his Christmas presents… Yes, it was that bad. We tried to put it off for another year but there was no more waiting. We ended up with a Ford Explorer with third row seating and a huge trunk. Tucker was mighty comfy on his way to Tennessee in the backseat with his Uncle Josh. We spent New Years with Tuckers GPa and YaYa in Knoxville. Tucker had so much fun being spoiled. As did mommy and daddy with the moments of peace. :) 

Daddy leaves next week for an Army school and Tucker and I will be heading back to NC at the beginning of Feb. As sad as it is having my hubs leave for a couple months I'm really excited to be celebrating Tucker's birthday with his NC Grandparents. Gramma and I have already started planning. I seriously cannot believe our little monster will be ONE soon! It's unreal how fast this past year has flown by. It gives the saying "Don't blink" some real meaning. 

I hope everyone had a wonderful holiday and that you enjoyed time with family and friends. I hope you took a million pictures and that Santa was good to you!

Xoxo!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment